Are you looking for a filling post race fuel that’s guaranteed to put a smile on your dial ….. well you really can’t go past pancakes, perfect for brunch. There are many different toppings you can add, the world’s your oyster really., so enjoy experimenting.
Ingredients (Makes 4)
1 Cup of self-raising flour
1 cup of milk
Toppings (sweet) – cinnamon, banana, strawberries, honey and/or any other fruit – kiwi fruit, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
Toppings (savoury) – avocado, bacon, ham, cheese, cherry tomatoes
1. Whisk the flour, egg and milk in a bowl until the mixture resembles a smooth batter. If you like thinner pancakes, you can add more milk/water to your mixture.
2. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a small frying pan on a medium heat.
3. Add a ladleful of batter, smoothing it out to the edges.
4. When the pancake is golden, flip it to cook the other side until it’s golden too.
5. Remove to a plate and add your toppings.
6. Repeat until all the batter is used up.