What would you choose to do with it?
Would you be happy with life, or would you be worried of all the things you didn’t do, a life full of regret.
The best thing about LIFE, is that we really are the leading actor in our own movie called ‘LIFE’ and we can change moment to moment how we think and feel.
As humans, our brains are the most developed on the planet, mainly due to our frontal lobe in our brains. It is this part of the brain, that enables us to ‘experience events before they have actually happened’
Dan Gilbert, author of ‘Stumbling on Happiness’ talks about the ‘psychological immune system’ in his TED talk, whereby rather than striving for the fit body, car, house, relationship, holiday, any other ‘external’ thing that we believe will make us happy.
We can ‘experience the event’ in our mind before it’s actually happened. That way we are choosing to be happy in the present moment rather than waiting for the external thing to arrive in our life.
Click on the link below to find out more. It’s time to change your mind.
Are you looking for a filling post race fuel that’s guaranteed to put a smile on your dial ….. well you really can’t go past pancakes, perfect for brunch. There are many different toppings you can add, the world’s your oyster really., so enjoy experimenting.
Ingredients (Makes 4)
1 Cup of self-raising flour
1 cup of milk
Toppings (sweet) – cinnamon, banana, strawberries, honey and/or any other fruit – kiwi fruit, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
Toppings (savoury) – avocado, bacon, ham, cheese, cherry tomatoes
1. Whisk the flour, egg and milk in a bowl until the mixture resembles a smooth batter. If you like thinner pancakes, you can add more milk/water to your mixture.
2. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a small frying pan on a medium heat.
3. Add a ladleful of batter, smoothing it out to the edges.
4. When the pancake is golden, flip it to cook the other side until it’s golden too.
5. Remove to a plate and add your toppings.
6. Repeat until all the batter is used up.